Linus Torvalds, the Linux father, has announced the release of Linux Kernel 5.4. He said in the Linux Kernel Mailing List that “Not a lot happened this last week, which is just how I like it.”.
Linux Kernel 5.4 main features:
- New kernel lockdown mode, that aims to improve the security.
- exFAT support
- AMD Radeon graphics performance improvement
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC support
- Support for newer Intel GPUs and minor GPU improvements overall
- Ability to run mainline kernels on Arm consumer laptops
- Intel Icelake Thunderbolt support
- Support For The FlySky FS-iA6B drone receiver
- VirtIO-FS for sharing files/folders between the host and guests operating systems while using virtual machines
- Improved FSCRYPT support
- Several fixes and improvements around existing filesystems and hardware
How to get Linux Kernel 5.4?
It depends on the distribution you’re using. Some distribution like Arch usually getting the new kernel in some days, but other distribution maybe need more time.